IAMD COE is located within Souda A/B at Chania of Crete supported by 115 Combat Wing.
Its location gives a unique geographical advantage since the island of Crete is a crossroad between Europe, Mediterranean Sea and Middle East.
Perfect weather conditions all year long provide a comfortable environment for working and training.
Souda Bay is the base of several structures of military interest such as:
- International Airport
- 115 Combat Wing
- NAMFI (NATO Missile Firing Installation)
- NATO Maritime Interdiction Operations Training Centre (NMIOTC)
- USA Naval Support Activity (NSA) Souda Bay
- NATO Naval Forces sensors and Weapon Accuracy Check Site (NATO FORACS)
- NATO Forward Logistic Site (NATO FLS)
- Souda Naval Base